The objective of the Data Portal is to provide an ecosystem to characterize health disparities to motivate action to reduce health disparities. Interactive graphics and maps provide visual support for deciding where to focus public health disparities control efforts.
The target audiences are health planners, policy makers, public health information providers, and researchers who need quick and easy access to pertinent data to explore statistics to identify research opportunities.
The Data (Links) page provides data to analyze health disparities.
The Analytic Tools page provides tools to analyze health disparities.
The Analyses page links to analyses that shed light on health disparities.
The Data Portal brings together data that are collected from public health surveillance systems by using either their published reports or public use files. There is always a lag prior to data release. Data are the most recent that have completed the national data synthesis and quality assurance processes.
HDPulse Intervention Portal
HDPulse Interventions is coming soon.
Site History/Release Schedule
- Updated data on smoking laws. This data is provided by Americans for Nonsmokers' Rights and is available in the Screening and Risk Factors Table.
- The initial release has mortality data, demographic data, and screening and risk factor data.
- Death data through 2014 were added for data provided by the National Vital Statistics System.
- Demographics data were added.
- Screening and risk factor data were added.
- BRFSS (sponsored by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) - includes these screening & risk factor categories: Colorectal Screening, Diet & Exercise, Smoking, and Women's Health.
- Modeled Estimates Combining BRFSS & NHIS data were added.
- Smoking law data from Americans for Nonsmokers' Rights were added.
- Tobacco Use Supplement of Current Population Survey data were added with 2014-2015 data.
- 2015 HPV vaccination data from the National Immunization Survey were added.