Death Rates Tutorial
- Learning about this Table
- Creating a Death Rates Table
- Sorting the Data on the Table
- Modifying the Table
- Exporting Data from the Table
- Interpreting the Table
- Printing the Table
- Data Use Restrictions
Learning about this Table
If you would like to read about this table, what it contains, and where the data comes from, click on the About this Table link above the selections.
For more information about how to use this web site section, click on the Tutorial link above the selections.
Creating a Death Rates Table
To create a Death Rates Table, follow the steps below
- Select the data you want to display in the drop down boxes at the top of the window.
- After you've made all of the selections you want, click on the Generate Table button located under the drop down lists. The new table containing the data you just selected will appear below the data selection boxes.
Sorting the data on the Table
You can sort the data on a Death Rates table by state name, death rate, deaths per year, or percent. To sort by one of these columns, click on the white button with the triangle on it under the column name. To sort a column in reverse order, click on the button a second time.
Note: The column that the table is currently sorted by is indicated by a light purple background on the column and a black triangle the sort button.
Modifying the Table
You modify a Death Rates Table by creating a new Table. Following the procedures under Creating a Death Rates Table.
Exporting Data from the Table
To export the data on a table to be used in Excel, SAS, or another program, click on the Export Data button located above the table and follow the instructions on screen.
Interpreting the Table
A text description has been provided to assist in understanding the Death Rates Table. Use the following procedure to access this text description.
- Click on the Interpret link located above the Table.
Printing the Table
If you select Print within your browser or press the print button, the printed result will be just the table, graph or map without the selection controls on the page.
Data Use Restrictions
Before using this data, please click on and read the Data Use Restrictions link to the right of the selections.